Wednesday 30 September 2015

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Another good night’s sleep!!! We waited for Sam and Lou to arrive at 12 noon had a bite of lunch then Sam left to go home and we set off at 2.15pm heading for the Hatton Flight – only 21 locks! Glad I have my little helper back.

More lovely countryside and then we arrived at the top of the flight.  Unfortunately these locks are as tough as the Knowle Hill flight.  The water level here seems really high and although we haven’t had any rain for a week or so it was flowing over the tops of the lock gates so even when the lock was in our favour I had to open the paddles to let a bit more in so the water levels could even themselves out to allow me to open the next gate. 
Lou did a grand job of opening and closing the gates behind Steve whilst I went ahead and set the next lock.  We did meet a boat coming up the flight that had a crew of four and one of the men came up to the lock to open the paddle so I said to him that this one was really easy – he said “is it?”  I said “yes it is for me as you are doing it”!  Even Lou left the opening to me as she is still suffering a bit with Steve’s cold – I’m bound to get it next week! 

Goodbye Turner's Green - what a beautiful day - blue sky and sunshine.

For me it would be Nanny Elsie.
Red tree!

Wonderful trees - look how many colours there are.



Through Shrewley Tunnel.

At the top of the Hatton Locks Flight - 21 to go!

 

 
 

Looking back up at the first three locks.

10 down 11 to go - we are stopping here for the night.

and this is what awaits us in the morning....the next 11!

No comments:

Post a Comment