Monday 25 April 2016

Sunday 24 April 2016

Another bright sunny morning - the BBC had threatened possible snow today but I am pleased to say that whilst it was cold when the sun went behind the clouds it was nice in the sun.  I walked back into Clifton Hampden this morning to take a photo of the lovely village and to up the steps on my fitbit!



We had a short chug up the river today to Abingdon because it was on my list of places to visit.  It is another pretty town with some lovely buildings but I must say that when you arrive by river I think you see the prettiest part!




A quick top up with diesel and refill the water tank on one side of Abingdon Bridge and a nice green spot to moor the other. 


Clifton Hampden

Blooming Lovely!

The river here twists and turns around Didcot Power Station - one minute it is on the right, next on the left, then behind and sometimes in front!

Morning - so it was you - I thought Steve's phone was vibrating on the wooden shelf but it was a cow mooing outside!!

Under Appleford Railway Bridge.

Heron mooring.

Sutton Bridge at Culham.

Sailor with a deathwish - Steve tried to get him!

The Old Anchor Inn and the high chimneys belong to the Alley Almshouses which were apparently built in 1446-7.

Amazing arches on the Almshouses.

Stopping for diesel just before Abingdon Bridge

Puff!

The Kings Head and Bell - looks like a nice place for a drink Steve, Steve....oh well next time!

Through the Abbey grounds and what have you got there - oh some kindling out of a skip!

Who ruined that?

I'm a lumberjack and I don't care!

No comments:

Post a Comment